Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hey,'member my elephant? Well, I was at work this evening. I was standing on the other side of the bar, talking to some friends & making plans for Friday after work. I was moving the elephant back and forth on its thread. It's one my nervous habits. Holding it in my thumb and forefinger, and moving it back and forth. I also tend to touch it randomly with my index finger. But anyway, moving it back and forth on the string, saying "it's been since March, and I don't think it's ever coming off!" And then, fate smiled. It came off. Suddenly, I was holding the elephant, and the string was laying around my neck in two pieces.

I should feel all :) since now, my wish can come true. But instead, I feel all :( because I feel its absence distinctly. I have touched the hollow of my neck with my index finger at least 10 times in the 2+ hours since it broke. I've also already ordered a replacement.

No comments: