Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I have this... shirt, which I love. I absolutely adore the damn thing. I wear it as often as I can, which, in actuality, isn't really that often.

It doesn't fit well. It's actually quite unflattering. Several friends have told me to ditch this shirt, or at least, to not wear it when I'm around them. I know it's a bad shirt. It's falling apart. It itches. It's faded. It's just not a good shirt.

I've tried everything to make the shirt work for me. I've tried stretching it. I've tried throwing it in the dryer. I've tried line drying it. I've done everything I can think of to do. And still, the shirt doesn't work. I wish like hell that it would, because I feel that I've invested a lot of time and energy into this shirt.

I'm loathe to part with it, because as I said, I really love this shirt. But when the shirt is doing me no good, when it's making me look and feel bad, then why should I keep it around? I think it's time to walk over to the donation pile, lovingly lay the shirt at the top of the stack and cut my losses.

I hate the thought of being without this shirt in my life. I also hate the thought of letting a shirt make me look like a fool.

I don't really need any help in that arena, thanks.

No comments: