Saturday, January 22, 2011



Went out to dinner at 10:30pm last night. Yeah, it's late, but that's how we roll.

My friend is giving me his dog. He works 12 hours a day, and just can't spend time with her. I have a dog-shaped hole in my life, so he's thinking this will be win/win for us. I hope so. It seems a little soon after the loss of Lu to be thinking about loving another puppyface. But I also know that I can't avoid loving again forever. Well, not with dogs, anyway.

I've been talking to The Big Fat Kitty about his new roommate. I'm not worried about whether they'll get along. I think since he still has his claws, and has been running this house for sometime now, he'll express his alpha status fairly quickly, and the adjustment will be smooth. Although...

He has been oddly affectionate lately. He sleeps with me. He cuddles up with me, regardless of what I may be doing at the time. Please see photo above for evidence. My laptop is currently a shintop, because he is in the middle of my body, while I lie on the couch watching Biloxi Blues.

No comments: