Saturday, August 29, 2009

In my extremely advanced age, I am getting forgetful. Like yesterday, I forgot to put on deodorant before work. Thank gourd I use the clinical strength one, which lasts long enough that I didn't stink up the joint. I also remembered lighting my candle in the living room, and as I was driving through downtown, I did not remember blowing it out. I called The Mexican. He's the only other person with a key, since Smang is on Eastern Standard Time again.

"Hey, have you left for work yet?", I asked him.

"Uh, no."

"All right, I need a huge favor. Pretty please with sugar and spice on top, go to my house and blow out the candle in the living room, so that the house doesn't burn down while I am at Thunderdome tonight and we have a place to watch Jeopardy."

"Umm, okay."

So, I went to work, feeling relieved. I worked my shift, and came home. I took the dog out, and fed the cat and did what I do. I sat down on the couch, and saw this:


there was no burning candle you silly woman. happy face. love ya.

*taughtfail*

No comments: