Thursday, November 13, 2008

For my birthday, Mikey & Smang took me to see Tut. Well, let me be clear, what's at the Dallas Museum of Art isn't Tut. It's Tut's stuff. I think Tut's actual mummy rests in Cairo, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

The exhibit itself was pretty awesome. Being made to wait in a hallway for a designated start time and walk through a maze of those line divider things, even through the museum was mostly empty was kind of funny. It was kept cold like a tomb in that wing of the DMA, so Mikey let me borrow his jacket. He majored in archeology, so he's very fun to go to look at 3200-year-old coffins and jewelry and funerary with. Smang almost let me buy a ridiculous headdress. WITH A GOLD COBRA.

We did all get our names in hieroglyphics on a printout, because that's a good use of a dollar, man

Love always,
House Double Reed Eagle Loaf House Double Reed Mouth

No comments: