Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I didn't even like running that much. But since I am not allowed to run right now, I want to do it! I hate being unable to do things. I'm hyper-competitive (hi, have we met? I'm a typical middle child.) in everything except yoga. I want to be the best at whatever it is I'm trying. I mean, driving in this town is a sport to me. If you challenge me, it is on like Donkey Kong. Whatever we're doing, I need to win at it.

I went to throw a wadded-up napkin into a trash can behind the bar at work. I missed the shot, and one of the chefs made a derisive comment about my mad skillz. I immediately challenged him to a game of one-on-one. $50. Because don't tell me you don't think I can do something. I will do it so hard! Also, a wadded-up napkin does not equal a basketball. Fool.

So, the only thing really keeping me from running is that the doctor was pretty serious when he said "no high impact activity until at least November 1st." He's very seldom stern with me, and he was totally stern when he said that.

Run the Rock is out. What 1/2 marathons are there in January/February?

No comments: