Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm stuck on repeat. I can't stop watching 24 Hour Party People & Nightmare Before Christmas. Each of them have been watched at least five times this past week. NBC is on right now.

It doesn't stop with the two movies I'm repeating. I also have Joy Division in the cd player. I like a lot of their music, but I have had Digital cranked so loud for so long that the drumbeat is ingrained in my brain. I hear it when the car's not on. I hear it in my sleep. It's on in my head, even when I can't actually hear it.

I have 13 different black dresses for work. I wear the same two more than any of them. I never wear the same thing two nights in a row, but I stick mostly to those two.

I own 37 pairs of shoes & boots. I just counted. I mostly wear my black laceless Chucks and my red pseudo-Uggs boots. Once summer comes, the boots will be retired for the season, and the flip-flops will come out. I love shoes. They are what makes me happiest. I will buy a pair of heels just because I'm having a bad day. And yet, more often than not, the Chucks are on my feet.

I do it over and over and over until the thought of doing it one more time makes me tired. I just keep at it, way past the time when I should walk away and try something else.

I need to have a big delete-fest. Phone book needs to be trimmed. Closet and dresser ought to be whittled down, too. Daily websites visited. Boys interested in. Make-up. I need to clip the extraneous and focus on the primary goals.

I need to have spring cleaning, in every sense of the word.

No comments: