Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm 'bout to get real serious about wine. Last night, I signed up for my intro sommelier certification. There are two sommeliers at my wine bar. I signed up with Stephie, so we'll have four in our store, assuming we both pass. Well, we have to pass this course and then sit for an exam in either late May or early August, and then, we get to be sommeliers. I know for sure Stephie will pass. She's a veritable font of knowledge on wine. I will be buried in the books for the next two weeks.

Oh yeah, it's two weeks away. We've been after our boss for six months to get us into this program. Yesterday, tired of waiting, Stephie signed up. When I got home from work, so did I. Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod! I'm going to be a certified wine professional.

Assuming that I buckle down and study hard and pass this test. Thinking about how soon it is totally makes my heart pound.

No comments: