Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I am 33 years old, and I just bought my first airline ticket. Oh, I have traveled before. I have gone to Florida many, many times. I've been to New York City. I've been to Los Angeles. I've been to Vegas. I walked a Civil War battlefield in Northern Virginia. I fell in love with the architecture of Savannah, GA. I was mesmerized in a pre-Katrina New Orleans. I have been to the Sierra Blanca mountains. I have been 7,220 feet up into the Rocky Mountains. Oh yes, I have gone a few places. But, I have never arranged my own travel. Someone else has always handled it for me.

Late Sunday night, I bought a plane ticket.

I am going to San Francisco May 15 through 19. Woo! It's been ten years since I went to California. I still have to arrange a car from the airport to the hotel, and the hotel, for that matter. Plenty of time for that. Yay! Vacation!

No comments: