Wednesday, March 29, 2006


Run away! Run away!


I'm so sorry for my absence. I have been working late and sleeping even later. I am digging the new gig. I get along well with all my coworkers. One of my coworkers is now my yoga buddy. She wants to have a contest to see who can get a better six-pack before bathing suit season. Want to hear my fave story about the new gig so far?

Monday night, I was standing next to the wine wall with the general manager. I looked up at the bottle of 2001 Mouton Rothschild. I looked at my GM and proclaimed "I'm going to sell that bottle of Mouton tonight." He looked at me sideways and said "do it, and I will buy you a steak dinner." Oh, new GM, you don't know me at all, do you? Next table that came in was a couple about my parents age. Extremely pleasant and interested in the bottles, rather than by the glass. I recommended an extremely affordable Zinfandel, because it's got a beautiful ruby color, and a heavenly bouquet, with blueberry notes. I left them to their menus, and came back about five minutes later to take their order. The woman closed the book, and said "we'll have the 2001 Mouton Rothschild". I smiled broadly and said "excellent choice!" I told my manager, but he didn't believe me at first. I will take that steak medium rare, please. :) I know, technically, she chose it, rather than me selling it, but whatever. I said I would sell that bottle and I DID!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on ! You Rock! But you knew that.