Tuesday, March 21, 2006


Run away! Run away!


all right, got a jorb. I walked out of the wine test, and they hired me anyway. I know some things about wine. And what I don't know...I can learn. But I freak out at surprise tests. Like, hyperventilate, get dizzy, FREAK OUT! So I left. I called the manager today to talk. His voicemail was full. He called me back, and left a message that said "Can you start training on Friday night?" I said "yep!" I still want a day job, with benefits and all that. But I am not at all above being a waitress again. Holy crap, waiting tables is totally my career. I have been doing it since I was 17. *ahemahem* And we all know that was a loooong time ago. So, yeah. I was totally planning to have a little pity session, a "woe is me" type of festival, tonight. Guess I'll scratch that off the list and go vaccuum or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news... Maybe you will become a wine expert out of this deal.
At least it is a paycheck for now until we find you a job with benifits and all that.
It's at Cru right?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the jorb ..;) I am happy to report I still have my jorb. Yay?

Everyone needs a wine afficinado - especially me since Bry is the closest thing I have right now and well, you know. Although, he recommended Menage a Trois which is a blend of 3 different wines and it was pretty good. *still giggling about drinking a wine called Menage a Trois*