Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Run away! Run away!


hoo boy! I know my lines! I KNOW MY LINES! It shouldn't be such a big deal, since it's sorta my job to know my lines. But there are several of my castmates who do not know their lines. Go me! Yay! I am currently working out my accent, and my director even told me that she liked what I was doing in the background of a particular scene. I rehearsed last night in a petticoat. So that I could "get a real feel for [my] character's space". I try not to snicker when they say things like that, because it was easier to be Millicent when I had the skirt on. But still....we're talking about melodrama at a theatre in a shopping center. I also had to explain to the costumer (for the third time, and she has it written down) that I do NOT have character shoes. Until two days ago, I didn't even know what they were (black or beige non-descript shoes worn by a character....go figure). I used to have some non-descipt black Mary Janes, but Smang made me toss 'em, owing to the fact that they were non-descipt, I hadn't worn them in quite some time and I own some other Mary Jane style shoes, when I moved. It was a wise decision, and I didn't regret it until last night. Oh well. The costumer is supposed to picking up some shoes for me today.

Speaking of shoes, I am going to have these shoes. I do not care if I cannot eat or have electricity for months. As long as I can have them, I can be happy. Seriously, y'all will see me and be all "Christ! Is Heather wearing her friggin' Manolos with yoga clothes? Again?" They will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine.

I am back into a torrid love affair with caffeine. I'd given it up for about two months. I gave up everything for about two months. But I'm feeling much better now. Some things will not be revisited. Caffeine is NOT one of these things.

AFI made a list some time ago of the "Top 100 Movies". I love a countdown. I was looking at the top twenty. I have seen all the bolded ones, and parts of the italicized ones. Come watch the rest with me?

1. CITIZEN KANE (1941)
2. CASABLANCA (1942)
3. THE GODFATHER (1972)
4. GONE WITH THE WIND (1939)
5. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962)
6. THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
7. THE GRADUATE (1967)
8. ON THE WATERFRONT (1954)
9. SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993)
10. SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (1952)
11. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946)
12. SUNSET BOULEVARD (1950)
13. THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI (1957)
14. SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)
15. STAR WARS (1977)
16. ALL ABOUT EVE (1950)
17. THE AFRICAN QUEEN (1951)
18. PSYCHO (1960)
19. CHINATOWN (1974)
20. ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST (1975)

2 comments:

Shayna said...

i have a pair of character shoes...somewhere...they're tan. what color do you need?

Miss Squito said...

tan. What size? Because remember: I have some skis for feets.