Thursday, August 18, 2005


Run away! Run away!


I have narrowly averted death, to return to my jorb with almost a clean bill of health. There's still some residual ickiness, but I feel a billiondy times better than I did earlier this week. And the upside of illness is I missed that majority of this week being all vomitous, so the week ends tomorrow. HOORAY! And then, there are only two more weeks until a paid Monday off. Which will also be a day off for Smang. Which means, hopefully that there will be some grilling of meats and some laying in the sun together.

Speaking of Smang, we all know how much I adore this woman. I have repeatedly sung her praises here in this very blog. But I need for you all to understand that without this woman, my life would be an even bigger mess. She has helped me through my divorce, my dramas with The Flake, pretty much any and every mess in my life, she's helped me pick up the pieces. I hope that you are lucky enough to have a true friend like this. One who will hug you when you cry, roll her/his eyes when you're being excessively stupid, laugh at silly movie quotes ("MERMAN!"), bring you soup and trash magazines when you're dying of the sick, hold your hand when you're afraid, and most of all, take care of you when you need it. And believe me, everyone needs to be taken care of from time to time. I can only hope that I am half the friend to her that she has been to me.

1 comment:

#murduac said...

To have a friend, you must be a friend. I love you too, My Purple Pepper Princess.