Thursday, August 25, 2005


Run away! Run away!


I am in love with Mobile Gourmet. I used to just skip lunch, because all there is around here is a crappy deli across the street (although they do have delicious tuna). But, two weeks ago, Mobile Gourmet came into the office to tell me they were now delivering to our building. I was quite skeptical. I spoke at length to the proprietor, Troy. He assured me that the food was good, homemade each morning and delivered fresh. Tuesday, we had a buttload of closings, so The Boss put me in charge of ordering lunch. I went with sandwiches. They were extremely tasty, and the fruit that accompanied that sandwich was so good. Usually, delivered fruit is scrub fruit. These grapes were fresh, huge and quite refreshing. So yesterday, when Paco the DeliveryDude came in, he was showing me Wednesday's offering. It's $7 for a meal. I went for the pork chops, green beans, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and cornbread. It was so damn good! I almost licked the plastic container (I managed to maintain a modicum of restraint). Today, PtDD brought me tenderloin, medium rare, broccoli and a baked potato. Again, for $7. I can't sing the praises of this food enough. And those of y'all who know me know that I can be quite a picky eater. So, if they offer Mobile Gourmet in your office building, get it. You'll thank me later.

I have my first read-through of the play on Saturday. I have a pretty decent handle on my lines, although they're nowhere near being committed to my memory. I'm working on it. I am also going to be making red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Hopefully, tonight. But I don't have all the ingredients, and I don't know if I can be bothered to go Krogering after work.

I have less than an hour left here and no work. I guess I'll read my lines or something.

No comments: