Monday, February 07, 2011

It's been more than two weeks, and I still cannot accept that Cousin Seth is not around anymore. I had willfully not spoken to him, and now I would give everything just to have the chance to speak to him again. I may never forgive myself for being mad at him. I just can't. What right did I have to be mad about anything he may have said or done. I never walked a mile in his shoes. I never had to stop what I was doing to take an insulin shot, to regulate my blood sugar so I didn't die. I never woke up one morning without eyesight because diabetes had caused the blood vessels in my eyes to pop. I never suffered through sickness and still remained upbeat. Cousin Seth used his disadvantages to teach others how to find the bright side. He was an advocate for guide dogs. He was a ray of sunshine. He was one of the funniest people I knew... know. Er, I don't know how to put that. I just can't think of him as gone.

I won't be able to be with my cousin ever again. I am beside myself about it. Please to enjoy some beautiful tributes by his friends in the guide dog community.

No comments: