Friday, November 26, 2010

The Mexican, The Model and I all spent this day of dead birds together. We ate. We watched the Cowboys lose. Then we played card games all night. Just got home. I am pretty content right now. Since it is (well, was) Thanksgiving, here's a list of things that I am thankful for:

that I got to spend 1/3 of my life with the best dog ever. Her loss is still so huge to me, but I am grateful for all the time we did have together

that I have a job

that I have friends I can spend 10+ hours with, and still be having fun

that I have a family who cares for me deeply, and to whom I could turn for anything

that I have an amazing mommy (technically, a part of the last thing), who has taught me so much, and still takes care of me when I need my mommy, despite the fact that I am a grown-ass woman

that I am still alive

that I am in reasonably good health

that I have The Big Fat Kitty to cuddle with

that I will always love to dance around my house, singing along loudly to showtunes

that I have a bottle of red Gatorade within my reach

I have been having quite a run of feeling sorry for myself. I am not out of the hole of depression that losing Lucy threw me into. But as bad I may feel I have it, there are people who have it way worse. I have a pretty charmed life, and I am thankful to still be living it.

No comments: