Thursday, March 04, 2010

I recently let my Entertainment Weekly subscription expire. I was mad about one too many Twilight covers, with articles on the inside such as "Where to buy this supercute sweater you saw in this twee little romantic comedy", which excuse me , but, *barfs*. I can read People/US Weekly/Life & Style if I need to know that crap.

I had always loved EW for writing about books and Broadway and all sorts of great stuff. I noticed in 2008 that I wasn't so much reading them anymore, as stashing a month's worth of them, only to throw them away in disgust. I just didn't care anymore.

I will miss Lisa Schwarzbaum and Owen Glieberman. I will miss great issues like when they pick a tv show and teach you all about it (X-Files, Buffy, Friday Night Lights, etc.) I will miss its arrival on Saturdays, but I just don't want to read it anymore.

In other news, I have finished a fiction book for the first time since 1995 (Fahrenheit 451). And ballet classes start tomorrow.

No comments: