Tuesday, January 19, 2010

thank you Pajiba and funnyordie.com for reminding me what a lying little bitch Jay Leno is.

I watched the Golden Globes last night. It's just not as much fun without my partner in awards shows. I already told Smang that we will be doing a live Gmail chat the night of the Oscar telecast. If we can't be in the same room, by hook or by crook, we're watching together.

Today is my 13th anniversary in this town. It was two years ago that I said I wanted to move. Today, I started trolling classifieds in other cities. In other states. I don't know where I'll end up, but I also don't know what the hell is holding me back. Fear? Anxiety? Complacency? I just don't know, but I need to stop pussyfooting and just do it (sorry, Nike).

I made a pact with myself to go to a minimum of one yoga class per week. This Sunday (the 17th), I made it to my first class of 2010. So, I'm two classes behind where I should be. I'm trying to love the practice again. I need to develop that passion for it again. I need passion for something in my life.

Finally, Ulysses has been home from the hospital for a week. He's been on antibiotics this whole week, too. I don't know if you know this, but cats don't like taking pills. There's been a lot of anger (his) and a lot of blood (mine). The vet made it look so easy, too. She was all, "you just hold his head like this, and his mouth opens, then you pop the pill in, and wash it with 1.5mL of water." It took her all of 10 seconds to do it. The very first time I approached him with the pill, he flattened his ears and did that low belly growl thing. Fuck you, cat. You're taking your pill! I'd pop it in, and he'd spit it right back at me. I hid it in a piece of ham. He ate the ham, and spit the pill at me. I got kitty pill pockets. He ate around the pill and then gave me a dirty look. I even found one pill that he'd kept in his mouth, and then spit out in whole different room. I'm really glad that the whole thing is over now.

No comments: