Thursday, October 15, 2009

It took a 45-minute phone call to customer retention (I was calling to cancel) to get a resolution I can live with in the Sidekick Debacle.

The guy I dealt with is named Shawn, and is the reason I stayed with T-Mobile, rather than getting a Verizon Blackberry Storm 2 (just released today. So pretty). He was helpful, courteous and funny. At some point during our exchange, I said "word to your moms." He replied with "I came to drop bombs."", so he wins forever. He hooked me up with a lot of credit on my account, the stupid free data I already had, the $100 T-Mobile debit card (apparently, after an uproar, everyone qualifies for that now) and best of all, a new free MyTouch phone. I will have to get used to the touchscreen, but I will adjust. I explained to him that I came to T-Mobile specifically for the Sidekick, and had lost a few irreplaceable things. Just things, but MY things. He empathized with everything I said. He had a Sidekick, too.

So, at the end of our phone call he said "does that make you happy?" I told him that nothing about this situation makes me happy, but this will convince me to stay with T-Mobile for two more years.

My new phone is on the UPS truck for delivery today. It needs to hurry up!

No comments: