Monday, March 09, 2009


my makeup
Originally uploaded by heathernelson75238
I meant to take a picture of my make-up when I did my day in pictures. I think I even did before Smang's camera broke.

I love buying makeup. I don't always wear tons of it. Most of it is on my eyes. And I always wash my makeup off before I go to bed, no matter what condition I am in. It comforts me. I used to like to play with my mom's makeup, way before I was old enough. Then, when I was a wee one, I went to modeling school (who didn't in the eighties?), booked some local catalog stuff and learned at the age of 13 how to really do makeup. And from then on, I started buying as much as I could.

When I was in high school, my very first job was answering phones at Pizza Palace, which was directly across from the school. I got paid $13 a night and pizza, if I wanted it. I spent most of that money at Brookshire Brother's, accumulating makeup. Wet & Wild, then Maybelline, then getting fancy with Loreal. This was before I knew that you could get super fancy makeup at the mall. Later that summer, I started babysitting for $100 per week. All summer long, from June until late August. I amassed quite a fortune for a 14-year-old. I bought my own clothes and make-up stuff, and got my hair done at Visible Changes, all with my own money. Oh, how I loved the mall bought perfume and mascara and lipstick. It was Camp Beverly Hills perfume and the makeup was Clinique.

My tastes are very broad, make-up wise. I know what to get at the drug store for cheap (Rimmel Lash Maxxx mascara and Wet & Wild lip liner #666 off the top of my head). I know what's completely worth the money at the mall (Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara and and Benefit Thrrrob and Georgia, which are blusher and a highlighter, respectively).

I'm going to go take a shower and play with my makeup now. I don't work today, so I may try to convince The Mexican to go see Watchmen with me. I went last night. It was pretty great. I thought that Bubastis was completely unnecessary. I thought the way Rorschach in the book handled the child murderer was more effective than the ultra-violent movie version. But it's really just nit-picky shit. Overall, it was pretty faithful and pretty damned enjoyable.

No comments: