Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I have passed out on the couch or the love seat four of the last six nights. I think they have some sort of sedative effect. As soon as I stretch my legs out, my eyes suddenly grow heavy. My limbs start to grow leaden. If I am reading, I will start to read the same sentence over and over. If I am reading, I will start to read the same sentence over and over. If I am reading, I will start to read the same sennnnn ...

*head dips* *eyes flutter*

Whoa! See?!? I am on the couch right now! Lucy is asleep on the love seat. I've been awake for over an hour. I have no reason to be so sleepy!

I need to go get showered and get this day rolling. Once I go into work at 4:00pm, I will sort of lose track of what day it is and what's happening. My schedule remains the same. All servers go in at 4pm. We get off between midnight and 1am. We go and do whatever. Some of us binge drink. Some of us party a little bit harder. Some of us go to our houses and spend time with our significant others or our animals or whatever it is we do in the privacy of our homes. We lose track of the outside world. It just goes on and on like that until Saturday night.

We're closed on Sundays and Mondays, so we're all off on those days. We unwind. We relax. We maybe get together with some people who don't work with us. The outside world beckons. We relax a tiny bit.

Until Tuesday. Every Tuesday, it starts again. We get back to the job. The job is consuming.

Sorry for being so quiet lately. I'm glad you're still reading. Thanks, man.

No comments: