Friday, February 27, 2009

Heather is an Awesome Driver - Part XXIII

Last night, at just past midnight, I was heading home from a long night in the Thunderdome. It was about 72 degrees out. Clear and perfect. One of those nights where I wonder how in tarnation I ever lived without a sunroof. That's just a magnificent feature. I used it in December, in conjunction with the butt warmers. I used it last night to appreciate the splendor of "winter" in Texas. And then, Be Somebody came blaring out of Dieter's Finely Crafted German Audio System, Yah! right as we came around the horseshoe on-ramp from Central Expressway to Northwest Highway. And the drums pounded. And the bass thumped. And Dieter and his driver appeared to forget for a moment that they were on Northwest Highway in Dallas and not the Autobahn near Bonn.

And that is how we received a ticket for going 69 m.p.h. in a 45.

Dammit.

No comments: