Thursday, January 22, 2009

My amazing new restaurant opens to the public tonight. I am super-duper excited. It's like the first day of school.

I had been wearing inappropriate shoes. Not ridic high heels. Flats. Flats such as I would've worn at The Wine Bar. No good. They don't wanna see your feet. Okay, that makes sense. I don't have money right now. That's not an exaggeration. I have nothing. I can't spend $50 on shoes right now. So, I figured I'd try my Doc Marten maryjanes with black socks. I buffed 'em so much that you could see your reflection in them. My Docs were also vetoed.

I called my mommy to ask for her help. I love being almost middle-aged and still needing a mommy to bail my pathetic ass out of trouble. But, I digress. My mommy asked if I'd ever heard of Shoes for Crews. I have. We wore them at the Cheesefunk Factory. They would just deduct them from your meager paycheck(s). So, my mom came to the rescue and ordered me a pair and informed me yesterday that they were on the UPS truck for delivery.

UPS drivers are tricksy hobbitses, though. I almost didn't see them, they were hidden so well!

No comments: