Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I went to see Mamma Mia tonight. I thought it was great. I have a lot of love for ABBA. My mommy used to clean house to whichever album has the four of them in the helicopter. (ed. note: The intertubes tell me that album is called Arrival.) It has Dancing Queen on it. Hearing that, or Money,Money, Money, I am immediately drawn back in time. I can't help but think of my mom & the chores I would be assigned during Saturday cleaning. Windexing the glass tabletops, scrubbing the tub, and straightening my toys.

My habit of repeating comes from my mommy. She'd have a favorite song and she'd play it over and over and over. We drove from Houston to Tampa one summer, listening to Prince's 1999. The. Entire. Trip. (I. Overuse. This. Blogging. Device.) That's just about 36 hours of drive time with the same song. I am not exaggerating. You can ask Tina, because I'm sure her memory of it is extremely vivid, too. So, my repeating is totally hereditary. Mom would repeat that ABBA album and we'd clean the house along to it.

Anyhoodle, I am a total ABBA lover. I spotted both Bjorn and Benny in the movie. I mouthed the words to the songs. I was almost overcome with the urge to sing along, but I contained myself. Barely.

I don't believe that you can listen to their music and not be happy. They were an excellent pop group and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

No comments: