Monday, June 16, 2008

My mom says I don't give people enough chances. She thinks I rush to judgment and that everyone deserves a second chance. While I don't disagree with that, in theory, I find that in practice, it's not quite so simple.

I usually will write people off after One Thing. It's sometimes a small thing and sometimes a monumental thing. But it's usually a one-shot deal. I have made some exceptions to that recently.

Against all my reason and rational thought, Oeno He Didn't actually got another shot. Well, not another shot, but I was still on friendly "hey, have a glass of wine on the house" or "would you like half of this xanax?" terms with him. I should have left it alone, because now I am really starting to dislike that guy. And, it's not really his fault. He just is who he is. And who he is is another 30-year-old stunted adolescent, who is unworthy of my time.

I exchanged a few emails with my dad around the time that Sylvia passed away. She always did like him, and so I figured he couldn't be all bad. He's not. But I don't feel like pursuing a father-daughter relationship. He wants to tell me how great his other kids are and how wonderful his life is in Seattle. I don't want to hear any of that. He wasn't in my life when I was a kid; why should he get to be a part of it now that I'm a grown-ass woman? He, too, is unworthy of my time.

Chanel nail polish and I broke up in about 2000. In 2006, I went on a mini-Chanel binge. Bought lots of their lovely things, but I also purchased three nail polishes in two weeks. I used them all up, because they were expensive. Well, one of them was. It was limited edition, and I ebayed it "BUY IT NOW!" $45 plus shipping. And for what? The same thing happened that made me stop buying Vamp eight years ago. Chanel nail polish lasts for shit. It chips after a day. Sometimes less than a day. I love painting my nails. I will paint them daily, if I feel like changing the color around. I don't want to have to paint them daily because they're all chipped after only 21 hours. And for $19 a bottle? No thanks. We're good.

I get called bitter or cynical. I can't help it. I have no faith in humanity. Life's a bitch and people suck. I don't have time for bullshit.

Our time here is too short. Who knows who gets a tomorrow and whose time is done?

I'm going to get a beer & some silver dollar burgers.

No comments: