Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I am not going to Trinity today, after all. It is cold & rainy here in Dallas, I still don't feel quite up to par, and my mommy isn't even going to be there.

I called her yesterday. She was en route to the compound. She told me that she wouldn't be able to be there today, but she could try to come out there Thursday morning. If I drive out there today, I will have to drive home Thursday morning. She is having furniture delivered today. Even though when I was with my family two weeks ago, I told her, repeatedly, that the only time I could go back would be today.

She did this on my birthday, too. She claims to not care about Nascar, but the weekend *before* my birthday, she and my stepdad drove to Fort Worth to watch some race. She told me she wouldn't be able to come back for my birthday the following weekend because they were moving. ON MY BIRTHDAY! My birthday has not moved since I was born. It has always been 11/11. It hurt my widdle feewings that my mommy would drive four hours watch cars drive fast and turn left, but not come have dinner with me to celebrate another successful revolution around the sun.

Then, I talked to my older cousin for about 25 minutes yesterday. He said that our grandma is making amazing strides. She was actually coming over to the compound yesterday morning to open presents. YAY for her. Then he also told me that my granddaddy has been extra grouchy. And that grandma is feeling good enough to dispense some good, old fashioned Grandma Guilt. He'd been thinking about coming to Dallas for a bit to hang out with me. But he doesn't know if he'll be able to get away, even for a day or two.

So, after all that, I decided to just stay in Dallas. I'm going to hit up some post holiday sales, and go to a movie.

I love my family very much.

But my desire to see Enchanted is stronger than my desire to drive down there today.

No comments: