Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Excuse me, ma'am...where would I find baby aspirin?"

"You mean baby Tylenol?"

"No ma'am, baby aspirin. Low-dose, cherry flavored."

"You're not supposed to make a baby take aspirin, it's bad for them. I don't think they even make it anymore."

"Okay, well it's not for a baby, it's for my dog. She has arthritis, and a baby aspirin helps with the pain."

As I say this, behind her, I see pink-colored boxes of Bayer. I grab the box, which is clearly labeled "Bayer 'baby' aspirin". I show her. "See, baby aspirin."

"You ought to not give a baby that aspirin."

"It's still for my dog, ma'am. Vet recommended."

"It's bad for their brains."

"Okay, I've gotta go now."

better mind your business, grocery store lady. I have been listening to that Dixie Chicks album, and I am FIESTY!

p.s.~ Hot Bartender for the win!

No comments: