Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dear The Dixie Chicks:

Hey, how's it going? Congratulations on all those Grammies. See, I watched the Grammies, because I'm a sucker for just about any awards show. And I saw you perform "Not Ready to Make Nice." And I was unfamiliar with it. And since I have a Tivo, I backed it up and watched again. And it was really good. Really fucking good. And I couldn't get it out of my head. So, for Valentine's day, Smang bought me a copy of Taking the Long Way. And the whole album is really awesome, but goddammit if song #3 isn't on repeat. It's just seriously one of the best songs I have ever heard. The part where Natalie just screams "saying I better SHUT UP AND SING!", and Martie's strings swell...thumbs way up, Chicks. Sorry for being so late to the party. Great album, ladies.

I'm still mad as hell
and I don't have time
to go round and round and round

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad for some girls who got their start playing in the West End and at Poor Davids Pub. Chicken feet tatoos and all.

Shayna said...

i've been listening nonstop, too! it is a great album.