Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dear The Dixie Chicks:

Hey, how's it going? Congratulations on all those Grammies. See, I watched the Grammies, because I'm a sucker for just about any awards show. And I saw you perform "Not Ready to Make Nice." And I was unfamiliar with it. And since I have a Tivo, I backed it up and watched again. And it was really good. Really fucking good. And I couldn't get it out of my head. So, for Valentine's day, Smang bought me a copy of Taking the Long Way. And the whole album is really awesome, but goddammit if song #3 isn't on repeat. It's just seriously one of the best songs I have ever heard. The part where Natalie just screams "saying I better SHUT UP AND SING!", and Martie's strings swell...thumbs way up, Chicks. Sorry for being so late to the party. Great album, ladies.

I'm still mad as hell
and I don't have time
to go round and round and round