Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ten years in Dallas are gone. I celebrated my teniversary by working. It was slow, but that's to be expected, as it was a Monday, a holiday, and very, very cold.

I woke up this morning, and it's snowing. I still have to drive to Uptown, to be ready to teach my yoga class. I don't know that anyone will brave the snow. I wouldn't. Brownie is laying at the sliding patio door, just wishing she could go out there again. To quote Joey McIntyre, circa 19994's re-imagining, she's a Dirty Dawg.

This Sunday, I am going to work at the Plano branch of my wine bar. I have never been to the Plano one. Not even during the two years of dating The Flake, who hails from Plano, did I ever go there. Hell, until I worked at the Uptown wine bar, I had only gone there once. I have, however, been working for this company since August of 2004. Save for six months, when I thought I should have a big girl's job. Except, what, exactly, is a "big girl's job"?

And now that we're more than halfway through the first month of 2007, I give you Predictions:

I will read three Shakespeare plays in 2007.
My mom and I will see a Broadway show together in 2007. On Broadway, too. Not a summer touring version, that comes to either of our cities.
After having a passport for four years, and not once using it, I will go to Europe in 2007.
I will finally go out on a date again sometime in 2007.
I will buy some ridiculous make-up, for no other reason than they call it "limited edition", in 2007.
I will think about getting a smaller car, in 2007. *eyes the Mini*
I will rock the party that rocks the body, in 2007.

1 comment:

Slinky said...

I recommend
"As You Like It" for the love
"The Tempest" for the weird
"A Comedy of Errors" for the funny
"Measure for Measure" for the drama
"Titus Andronicus" for the gore
and if you must read a tragedy go with "Hamlet" or "MacBeth" but be prepared for the heavy and the wordy
read "Romeo & Juliet" if you must...but really...we all know how it goes...so really...where's the challenge.