Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Let's see...did I tell you about The Ex's Fat Doppelganger? Me, Smang and some friends all went to Deep Ellum for a roller derby event and to see Lazer, who were playing in DE that night. So, we walk into the Curtain Club to see Lazer. The band that was playing was NOT Lazer. So, we decided to wait a bit. I wish that wait had not included an Alligator Dave set, but I digress. We order some beers. We find a table. We sneak drinks to Laura's underage sister. We're generally just hanging out. So, as I'm looking around the room, I spy a gentleman who has the carriage and mannerisms of The Ex, but looks like twice the size. I shake my head and look again. This guy's wearing eyeglasses and a ballcap and drinking a Miller Lite. With the poor light, I become convinced that The Ex is in the house. I begin to hang at the back of the club. Alligator Dave is giving me a headache, and I don't want to talk to The Ex in a nightclub. My mood takes a dark turn. I start to ponder the cost of a cab from Ellum to Lake Highlands. Suddenly, (man who I'd previously presumed to be)The Ex walks by. This is not my ex. This man is 50 lbs heavier and 4 inches taller than The Ex. So, we dubbed him: The Ex's Fat Doppelganger.

No comments: