Friday, June 10, 2005


Run away! Run away!


someone much smarter than I am made a beautiful relationship analogy, which I will now share with you. Love is a like a glass. When you're in the throes of new "love" (or hell, even new "like"), the glass is completely full. You have so much emotion for this person, you could not possibly feel any more. Little by little, things happen, and the glass begins to empty. They demean you and some of the glass spills. They use or abuse you, and the glass spills a little more. Until you reach a point where you look within and discover that the glass is completely empty; "hey, I don't really love you anymore". The question is, how much can each person take? Can the glass be refilled? Or, can it all empty in one fell swoop? I am finding that my glass is evaporating rapidly. It's about half-full right now.

I had strawberry shortcake for breakfast. I bought the ingredients for it, because I was going to make it for The Flake one night earlier this week. He was supposed to come over and we were going to do a dinner thing. You can guess what happened next, can't you? He never made it over here. Oh well. They're Whole Foods strawberries, and they were delicious.

I met with The Ex yesterday. He had to clean out his storage unit. I was guess that the unit would packed full of things. It wasn't. Five dining room chairs, three white plastic chairs, a book shelf, a tire, a 13-inch teebee, and an old black steamer trunk. Awesome. I was going through the steamer trunk, trying to decide what to keep and what to trash. I came upon a drawing I had made for The Ex for our second anniversary (dating, not marriage). It's a fairly accurate likeness of me :) Across the top, in blue Sharpie, he'd written "I loved you. I hate you. I miss you. I'm sorry" and then signed it. I laughed. And then I put it in my closet when I got home. I can always cut off the part that he ruined. But it's funnier the way it is.

I am going to try and finally finish The Aviator now. I think the problem is that I keep turning it on very late at night. I've made it through almost two hours now. There cannot be that much more....can there?

No comments: