Thursday, June 16, 2005


Run away! Run away!


I'm kicking myself. I didn't get a picture (crappy camera phone or otherwise) of me and my new, close, personal friend: Bob Schneider. I felt like a super geekgirl when I asked him to sign Lonelyland, nad it never even occurred to me to ask for photographic evidence. What a maroon.

Went to see Batman Begins last night. I thought it was great. The double-chargin' hotel guy from Memento plays one of the main cops, and that distracted me. But all in all, I thought it was an excellent movie. A trifle long (2 and a half hours), but certainly enjoyable. Probably not the best idea for 10:30 on a schoolnight, but I don't have to work on Thursdays until noon. Speaking of work....

I'm trying to think of a way to tell Jen that I don't want to watch the baby on Thursday afternoons anymore. I love her, I love the baby, but $40 for 5 or so hours of my time isn't worth it. I could work dinner at the restaurant and 9 times out of ten, make more $$$ in less time. I don't know what to do. I am afraid that she'll not want me to teach at the studio anymore. And then, I get all super sad. I want to still be friend and I want to teach. I just don't want to feel like I could be using that time more wisely.

I *know* that I am on the thin side, but I cannot help but recall the fat chick I was not so long ago. She pervades my psyche, and I feel guilty for eating a BLT. A normal, active person should not feel guilty about the occasional BLTt or cookie or bowl of granola at midnight or what have you. The fat chick in me demands that I do extra ab work when she get satiated with, say, a yummy strawberry tart from the restaurant's summer menu. I hear her when I sit down to eat. I think of crying in the dressing room over being so fat that no jeans existed which wouldn't make my ass look like it was two pigs, fighting under a blanket. On th eplus side, I got my second piece of jewelry in a little, blue, square box that day. Props to The Ex for making my ears pretty, no matter what the rest of me might have looked like.

The Flake is talking about moving in together. I don't think that's the best idea. I need us to be a couple for at least as year before I could even consider that. I'm not even sure when the tracking date for that would be. It's been such a weird ride with him. So confusing, and yet so utterly exiquisite. NO relationship comes with a map, though, does it? That would be really helpful to all of us, I'm sure. But it doesn'thappen. You just have to navigate the best you know how, and hope for the best.

I think I'm gonna go lay back down and watch A&E. Surely they'llhave some sort of true crime thing on. Although I do miss the "Art" part of Arts & Entertainment, I can totally get behind their version of "Entertainment".

No comments: