Tuesday, December 01, 2009

See? Here are two reasons why I don't like to leave the house.

Sunday night, some of my work friends asked if I'd join them for a group dinner at Park on Henderson. It's less than a five minute drive from my house. Hell, I could probably walk there in five minutes. I wanted to hang out and be with my buddies, so I said I would go.

There were 11 of us. They say us on a patio with gas heaters and a mesquite and pinon-burning fireplace. It was 44 degrees outside. :/

We sat outside. We had decent service. We're all in the bizness, too. We had our orders ready at the same time. When the bill came, we all threw in our debit cards and said "just split it evenly among them."

She came back about 10 minutes later, and said she was having a little difficulty, and it would just take a few more moments. Ok, no big deal.

Finally got our cards all back, threw in a couple extra bucks on top of the included gratuity. Got home, looked at my bank account, and got mad. Our server apparently is unaware that every time you swipe a debit card, it pulls money from an account. So, this girl, rather than thinking to herself "I have 10 credit cards and $75 in cash. Let me deduct the $75 and split the rest evenly", was thinking "Ok, $51.37 each. Crap, no wait, $49.94 each. Crap, no, it's $43.63 each." So, I was charged almost $150 for my meal. As was everyone else in my group who paid with a debit card.

This restaurant is closed on Mondays. I've left messages for the manager, but I know what the manager will say. It's just a pending charge and will right itself in a few days. That doesn't change the fact that I need that $100 she overcharged me for dry cleaning and gas.

I'm so angry about this. It's server 101. Don't swipe a goddamned debit card more than once, because it's a debit card and it pulls money every time.

Avoid Park on Henderson. The food is mediocre and the service is not good. And if they seat you on the patio, you'll have to get your clothes dry cleaned to get out that campfire smell.

I'm so angry about the Park debacle that I forgot to tell you the second reason I hate to leave the house. Went to dinner with a boy last night. He asked me for my womanly advice on how to break up with his girlfriend so he could date a girl he met on vacation a month ago :/

No comments: