Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I guess since I signed my lease today, I'll go ahead and announce that I am moving. Back over to where I lived before Smang and I lived together. Like, literally a duplex away from the old duplex. In nine days. I still have a lot of shit to accomplish, prior to Saturday, the 16th. I should've spent part of today packing. I have decided to hire movers this time around. When Smang & I moved me into the du in December '04, it was just the two of us. When I moved in here in January of '06, again, it was the two of us. There were two boys around that time, but I don't remember either of them being very helpful. I don't care that I *could* do it on my own, I don't want to. It's like paying Pet Butler. Yes, I could pick up dog poop. But the small fee they charge me is totally worth it so I don't *have* to pick up dog poop.

I will be back to living by myself. Oh man, on the one hand, it means I can check email wearing only my underpants, which is awesome. It also means that Smang and I will have to go back to making "dinner and a show" plans, so we can hang out, since she won't be at the end of my hall any longer.

So, I have nine days to get my shit together, and haul it across town. Wish me luck! And since my only day off between now and then will be next Monday, the 11th, wish me profitable shifts, because moving ain't cheap!

No comments: