Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I was lying on my narcocouch on Sunday. Sunday is my day of rest. I very rarely like to move. I catch up on sleep. I catch up on Tivo. I watch dvds or tv shows online. I enjoy moving as little as possible. I see the slothitude as my challenge. I was all set to break my Sunday record for most naps (three, by the by) when my good friend Huge called me. He had a spare ticket to hear David Sedaris read from some unpublished material.

David did an awesome, almost two hour long reading. He took questions. I'm told he also stayed to sign every, single item that was placed before him and charmed each and every signature seeker. I was too chicken to ask my question during the Q&A. "David, you said that you're new to the internet, so I was wondering if you'd heard of Post Secret. You were featured on a postcard today, and obviously your words resonate far and wide. What is the common thread that draws so many uncommon folk to your work?" I got all skeered and instead just posted a similar sentiment on his facebook wall, where he's guaranteed to never read it.

Dear David:

Thank you so much for making leaving the house worthwhile. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Also, if you're not opposed, I'd like to get some sort of hamsters or small gerbils or guinea pigs and call them Runny, Moist and Screened-In Porch.

With Much Admiration,
Heather

No comments: