Thursday, April 17, 2008

So, I'm going to New Orleans. May 23rd. Taking my next level sommelier test. New Orleans is the closest city it's being offered in. I haven't left the state since 2002. In May, I'll be headed out of state twice in one week. I get back from San Francisco May 19th. I leave for New Orleans four days later. That's Memorial Day weekend. Crap, I will want to get into and out of New Orleans as fast as possible.

I wonder if Cafe Marigny is still in service. I hope it is. It was the best restaurant I have ever eaten in. And I have eaten in a lot of really awesome places.

So, I'm going to go work on steps of *proper* wine service. See, the test is over the ideal conditions to serve wine in. And where I work, we use what we've got. So, I have to practice.

Y'all have a good one!

No comments: