Monday, November 12, 2007

I had the most fantastic birthday! A lot of people came to brunch. We had our own drink special. AT BRUNCH! The manager literally made a key that said "Flaca Special". In case you've forgotten, all the kitchen staff at both my wine bar and the Italian joint next door refer to me as Flaca or Flacita. Both mean skinny girl en Espanol. It's not meant to be a pejorative.

I got a new purse. I got a bottle of 1990 St. Emillion. I got a fantastic train case for all my makeup. I got a gift card to White Rock Coffee. I got a wish necklace, which you wear until it falls off. I got a radar detector from J, who said "since I know you won't slow down, maybe this will help you avoid another ticket." I got a bag full of toys like mini Magic 8-Balls and IQ puzzles and white fudge covered Oreos. I got not one, but two fantastic meals. Brunch was good, although it could have just been the mimosas. Dinner at Nick & Sam's was so fucking good. Oysters Rockefeller. Moet Rose. Lamb short ribs. Seven bottles of wine. I shared filet and lobster with CDC and Smang at dinner. I got a pair of Christian Louboutins (on my cake).

The best part of all of it was being with my friends. My friends truly know me, and that makes me feel good.

There were 11 of us at dinner on 11/11.

No comments: