Sunday, July 16, 2006

So, we all know that I have routines. I have a morning routine. I have a driving to work routine. I have routines so that daily patterns require minimal thought processing. So, when I go to work, my routine is the same. I turn in by Starbucks. I go to the massive parking structure. I always seek a spot on the fourth floor, as close to the stairwells as possible. I take the stairs down, not the elevator. I wear my sunglasses until I am inside the restaurant. So, very rarely do I stop to take in the details on this trip. So, one day, a few weeks ago, as I exited Greta and begin the descent to work, something struck me. For some reason, I looked towards the apartments, rather than straight ahead. And some genius has created a a beautiful ode to all things lovely and poetic. It gave me pause on that day, and as it remains, it makes me pause every day since. It is a thing of wonder and art. It is a smattering of assorted gnomes.

2 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Yessssss...

Anonymous said...

I've redistributed the gnomes that previously resided in our front yard all over my new backyard here in SF....they are very happy with this new arrangement.
Also, I've heard from my other ex neighbor the Du is still vacant...what's up with dat? It's an excellent Du....someone needs to go live there...find someone to live there! :)