Friday, June 24, 2005


Run away! Run away!


I woke up a little early yesterday, to make sure I wasn't late for my interview (I'll get to that in a sec) and to drop off my uniform for the restaurant at the dry cleaners before 9am, so I could have it back by 5pm. As I walked to Greta, there, lying in the gutter, was an Amex gold card. Oh my, the temptation. I wanted badly to take it to the Sprint store and pay off my bill. But! Karma is a bitch. It wasn't *my* gold card. I can't imagine being foolish enough to lose one in the street. But who am I to judge? Maybe it fell out of a wallet or something. I don't know. I struggled with wanting to use it. I decided that my best course of action was to take into the dry cleaners, and tell them I found it in their parking lot. They can send it in to Amex, and Amex can send it to the person who lost it. It was like a test. I passed. It's not that I didn't want to use it. But that's stealing, and I'm not that girl.

My interview was awesome. I was offered a position, which I accepted this morning. The base salary isn't that great. But I will again have health benefits, and paid time off. And unlimited growth potential. I'll be an escrow assistant to start off, and she's training me on how to close. That's where the big dollars come into play. She said it wouldn't be overnight, but if I can be patient, I can build a career. I am currently rearranging my yoga schedule, to allow me to continue to teach and also work 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Like, a normal-ish schedule. Whoa! I might be able to travel somewhere on a weekend. Go visit some people or some places. Who knows?

My Tivo still hasn't been replaced. I have a protection package, so they should've just mailed me my new box. Instead, they ordered the wrong thing (regular reciever, rather than Tivo), and failed to ship it. I asked for a credit. I got a grand total of $9 off my bill for the seven days sans box. What the hell? How is my bill $60 per month, when it's barely $1 per day? Stupid fucking surcharges!

I feel the need for a nap. I stayed up late last night, so I could watch the NBA Finals at The Pour House, with The Flake and some of his (and by extension, my own) friends. I won a dollar. Go me! *buys a small 7-Eleven coffee with winnings*

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Hooray for time off!

Congrats Dahlink.

j.s.