Monday, April 25, 2005


Run away! Run away!


I have a picture of The Flake and me. I can't decide whether or not to post it. On the one hand, I want you to have a face to go with a psuedonym and it makes me happy to see the picture. We had such a good time that particular night. On the other hand, he doesn't actively post here, nor is he in any way involved in thhese postings, aside from being my inspiration on occasion. So, it doesn't seem fair to put his beautiful countenance up on these internets. Dunno dunno dunno.....

Last Thursday, I had a little time on my hands. I was in my old neighborhood. I couldn't resist. I had to drive by the old casa. It's so pretty now. It's like the dream I once had of the house. The yard is trimmed and landscaped. The house is painted and spiffed up. In another lifetime, it coulda been us. But here in this reality, we're not even *us* anymore. Best of luck to the new residents.

I'm going to Austin tomorrow. Now I know you're asking yourself exactly why someone with a great need for cash would give up two shifts at the restaurant and travel southbound on 35. It's quite simple. I promised my hairdresser I'd go. He's got his state licensing final and needs a model. He's also paying for gas and the hotel room. I won't be going out while we're there. We'll get in late-ish tomorrow evening and he's got to be at the testing site at something like 6am. He's also a recovering alcoholic, so going out tearing it up on Sixth Street isn't going to be his bag, baby.

Saturday was a fun day. I got up at a decent hour, went and got some coffee for me and a Red Bull for The Flake. He finally got motivated to get out of bed at around 1:30pm. He took a shower and we went to the driving range so he could smack some balls. Heh heh...smack balls. After that, we decided to see a movie. I had two free passes to the Magnolia, so we went to see Kung Fu Hustle. I loved it. It was so funny and the fight scenes were great. Some of it was like a live action Road Runner cartoon. I'm not huge on kung fu movies, but it had a lot more going for it than just kung fu. I highly recommend going to check it out. I even caught The Flake enjoying it. Yesterday, we went to see Sahara. It was decent. Certainly not the best movie I've ever seen. But it wasn't as deplorable as I expected. Also, Steve Zahn is just great. Amazingly brilliant. He's another actor whose mere presence in a film can get my butt into the theatre seat. Also also, Matthew McConaughey's teeth are schockingly white. You'd think that being in ya know, the Sahara desert, would make one's choppers a little griity. But his veneers never lost their sparkle. They should get a supporting credit in this movie. I'd say wait for Blockbuster/Netflix with this one.

Yesterday, whilst traveling to Plano to partake of cinematic mehness, I was involved in some travel jinx. First off, I live very near Little Mexico. Feista is literally a block from my home. The Carnival Food store, which is a less-nice Fiesta is across the street from that, on Henderson. I turned right onto Henderson off of Ross Avenue. As we crept up toward Carnival Food, there was one car trying to turn into the parking lot and one car trying to turn out. It should have been relatively easy. But no, it was a struggle. As I sat there idling, a white Chevy S-10 pick-up with the ZR2 package and a Baylor Bears license plate frame passed me on the right. ASSHOLE! It's not like I wasn't waiting for the traffic jinx to clear up. Obviously, he is much too impotant to obey traffic laws. Then, the minivan that had been trying to escape the Carnival lot pulled in front of me. So, I was pretty ok. And then I saw it. A homemade sticker, on the back window of this turquoise minivan read, "Scooby Doo....How Are You?" I just about fucking died. Engrish is awesome. So, back off....or I kick you eggs.

I should find some busy work to do here, but I think I'm just going to finish reading my EW. I am the best employee ever.

1 comment:

#murduac said...

Firstly, that should be your last "The Flake" post. From henceforth he shall be known as The Zork

Secondly, thanks for the fucking spoiler alert on Kung Fu Hustle, beeeeyaachhhhhhhhhhhh.

I love you, but I think I might love my new pink skirt more.

sike.